Today, mobility scooters are the most popular mobility aids. As manufacturers continue to advance the mobility scooters to fit various situations, their popularity keeps growing, as they considerably help individuals regain much of their independence. If you are considering buying a mobility scooter, you’ve probably considered the primary factors such as height, weight, environment (terrain of the intended use space), portability, and future needs, to mention a few. You are about to hit the market and buy mobility scooters, but that’s not all the information you need to make an informed purchase. Here are some considerations to help you navigate the market and buy the best mobility scooter.
Online stores have made it easier to find a mobility scooter best suited for your situation. However, don’t settle for the first shop that pops up on your search. Browse through a couple of online stores to gather as much information, including mobility scooter prices. Do your homework to ensure that you pick the best vendor. Among the top pointers that can help you select the best mobility scooter vendor is ensuring that they are BHTA (British Healthcare Trades Association) accredited. Such certification means that they adhere to certain standards. Following the set code of practice translates to quality products and services, meaning that you won’t be pushed to buy a particular mobility scooter that’s not necessarily the best fit for your situation. With due diligence, shopping around allows you to capture the best deals from reliable vendors.
Be armed with the right questions
Asking the right questions can be the difference between a valuable purchase and an effort that could lead to significant frustrations. Among the top considerations includes
- Additional accessories needed – Following your situation, you might need additional accessories to get the most out of the mobility scooter, such as an oxygen tank carrier. Ask if the vendor offers a full package at competitive prices to save more money and time instead of buying piece by piece.
- Spare parts availability – Does the model have readily available spare parts, or would you have to wait for weeks or months if you encounter a problem?
- Delivery period – Knowing how long you’ll have to wait before the scooter is delivered can save you from the frustrations of constantly following up.
- After-sales services – Will the vendor offer assistance such as training to operate or assemble the mobility scooter? The last thing you want is a vendor that delivers the mobility scooter and disappears, leaving you confused, not knowing where to start.
- Mobile scooter guarantee – Consider the guarantee provided, and ask as many questions to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions.
After finding the best vendor and asking the right question, don’t forget to try the mobility scooter. From a distance, a mobility scooter can seem like the best fit, but you might not like how it feels. Trying the mobility scooter lets you pick the one that offers a comfortable sitting position with enough legroom and where you can easily reach the controls.